Section on Oxidative Stress Tissue Injury, Laboratory of Physiological Studies, National Institutes of Health, NIAAA, Bethesda, MD, USA. email@example.com
Published 2012. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the USA.
[PubMed – in process] PMCID:
PMC3570005 [Available on 2014/1/1]
Full Text Sources
Other Literature Sources
- LNCaP cells
- androgen-sensitive human prostate adenocarcinoma cells derived from the left supraclavicular lymph node metastasis
- TRP channels
- transient receptor potential cation channels
- transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily M member 8
Conflict of interest
- Alexander SPH, Mathie A, Peters JA (2011). Guide to Receptors and Channels (GRAC), 5th edition (2011). Br J Pharmacol 164(Suppl. 1): S1–S324.
- De Petrocellis L, Ligresti A, Schiano Moriello A, Iappelli M, Verde R, Stott CG et al. (2012). Non-THC cannabinoids counteract prostate carcinoma growth in vitro and in vivo: pro-apoptotic effects and underlying mechanisms. Br J Pharmacol 168: 79–102.
- Diaz-Laviada I (2011). The endocannabinoid system in prostate cancer. Nat Rev Urol 8: 553–561.
- Guindon J, Hohmann AG (2011). The endocannabinoid system and cancer: therapeutic implication. Br J Pharmacol 163: 1447–1463.
- Izzo AA, Borrelli F, Capasso R, Di Marzo V, Mechoulam R (2009). Non-psychotropic plant cannabinoids: new therapeutic opportunities from an ancient herb. Trends Pharmacol Sci 30: 515–527.
- Massi P, Solinas M, Cinquina V, Parolaro D (2012). Cannabidiol as potential anticancer drug. Br J Clin Pharmacol doi:10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04298.x [Epub ahead of print].
- Mukhopadhyay P, Rajesh M, Horvath B, Batkai S, Park O, Tanchian G et al. (2011). Cannabidiol protects against hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury by attenuating inflammatory signaling and response, oxidative/nitrative stress, and cell death. Free Radic Biol Med 50: 1368–1381.
- Pacher P, Batkai S, Kunos G (2006). The endocannabinoid system as an emerging target of pharmacotherapy. Pharmacol Rev 58:389–462.
- Pan H, Mukhopadhyay P, Rajesh M, Patel V, Mukhopadhyay B, Gao B et al. (2009). Cannabidiol attenuates cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by decreasing oxidative/nitrosative stress, inflammation, and cell death. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 328: 708–714.
- Russo EB (2011). Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects. Br J Pharmacol 163:1344–1364.
- Sarfaraz S, Afaq F, Adhami VM, Mukhtar H (2005). Cannabinoid receptor as a novel target for the treatment of prostate cancer. Cancer Res 65: 1635–1641.
- Sarfaraz S, Adhami VM, Syed DN, Afaq F, Mukhtar H (2008). Cannabinoids for cancer treatment: progress and promise. Cancer Res68: 339–342.
- Schroder FH (2010). Prostate cancer around the world. An overview. Urol Oncol 28: 663–667.
- Solinas M, Massi P, Cantelmo A, Cattaneo M, Cammarota R, Bartolini D et al. (2012). Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms. Br J Pharmacol 167: 1218–1231.
- Velasco G, Sanchez C, Guzman M (2012). Towards the use of cannabinoids as antitumour agents. Nat Rev Cancer 12: 436–444.