Biochem Pharmacol. 1985 Jun 1;34(11):2019-24.
The isolation from Cannabis sativa L. of an inhibitor of prostaglandin (PG) E2 production by cultured rheumatoid synovial cells is described. This agent, for which the name Cannflavin has been coined, is distinct from cannabinoids on the basis of isolation procedure, preliminary structural analysis and biological properties. The activity of Cannflavin has been compared with several established anti-inflammatory drugs and the major cannabinoids.
- PMID: 3859295
- [Indexed for MEDLINE]
- Anti-Inflammatory Agents/pharmacology
- In Vitro Techniques
- Plant Extracts/isolation & purification*
- Plant Extracts/pharmacology
- Prostaglandin Antagonists/isolation & purification*
- Prostaglandins E/secretion
- Synovial Membrane/secretion